Go from tree level to sea level at The Florida Aquarium, the largest aquarium in Florida and ranked one of the best aquariums in North America by USA Today!
With more than 14,000 animals, including river otters, sharks, alligators, seahorses, rays, sea turtles, moray eels, reef fish and more, you are sure to have a fin-tastic experience. A wonderful destination for all ages, there’s plenty to see and do!
- Start in Wetlands Trail to see native Florida animals, a live mangrove tunnel, and free-flying birds in an enclosed aviary.
- Journey to Madagascar includes colorful reef fish and corals, hissing cockroaches, and the popular ring-tailed lemurs.
- Touch moon jellies (better known as jellyfish) at Moon Bay, one of 3 touch experiences at the aquarium.
- Learning is fun in the interactive Secret Sea Life Superhero show at Coral Reef’s panoramic window.
- Enjoy a 3-D short film with additional surprise elements at 4 Ducks Theater.
- Bring a swimsuit and towel for younger children to enjoy Splash Pad, a kids’ outdoor play area with wet and dry zones.
- Meet African penguins up-close; and so much more!
All included with general admission!
Plus other activities are available for an additional fee including Swim or Dive with the Sharks, Wild Dolphin Cruise, Penguin Backstage Pass, and Behind the Scenes tour.
The Florida Aquarium is a not-for-profit organization. Fees support its mission to educate, entertain and inspire stewardship of the natural environment. The aquarium is located on the waterfront in downtown Tampa, between 2 cruise ship terminals, on the streetcar line, and walking distance to Sparkman Wharf.